xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' The Mid-Week Message: Golgotha's Cross

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Golgotha's Cross

March 26, 2013

Dear St. Paul’s Family,
 

Golgotha’s Cross

By Raymond Kresensky, 1892-1955


What is the cross on Golgotha to me – 
But the brave young Jesus murdered there?
Roman justice debased?
Israel’s Messiah lost?
 
The tender lips agonized?
The active mind bewildered?
The feet, that walked fair Galilee,
Pierced by nails?
 
I have tried to speak
The words those lips revealed.
I have tried to think as he thought.
I have taught my feet to walk
Humbly as he walked.
 
And God prepared me a cross.
 
The arms reach out to gather in
The cripples, the blind, the weak.
The arms reach out to feed them,
To give them to drink.
In these hands the nails are driven.
 
But the cross points upward.
The arms fold me.
The cross lifts me.
Golgotha’s cross is the road to heaven.




On behalf of the staff and lay leadership of St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, I wish you and yours a blessed Holy Week, and a joyous celebration of Easter. 

Grace and Peace,

Magrey

The Rev. Magrey R. deVega
St. Paul's United Methodist Church
531 W. Main St.
Cherokee, IA  51012
Ph:  712-225-3955
Email:  mdevega@sp-umc.org


HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SCHEDULE
Join us this week for a powerful service of remembrance and celebration:

Thursday, March 28, 7:00 pm:
Maundy Thursday Service of Remembrance and Communion

Friday, March 29, 7:00pm:
Good Friday Service of Tenebrae

Sunday, March 31, 7:00am and 10:10am:
Identical Easter Sunday Worship Services


No comments:

Post a Comment